Sunday, March 31, 2013

Thyme for Stu spring quilt

A quick post before I go off to church.

I spent most of Friday and part of Saturday putting together another McKenna Ryan kit that Liz had sent me.  This is called Thyme for Stu from the In Full Bloom set of quilts.  I had so much fun making the Christmas kit that I was overjoyed to receive the spring kit!  After making the Christmas quilt, my only regret was that I wouldn't be able to display it!  And then Liz sent this darling kit just right for spring!!!  I had to work on it right away!


So with two days ahead me I traced and fused and cut out and fused again and sewed on borders (my own fabric) and I now have a spring flimsy!  And another great plus is that the kits include so much fabric that I passing the scraps on to Mrs. Furui and she will probably be able to make the same quilt with very little stash addition of her own.


The lavender was such a blast to make!  Wiggle wiggle wiggle those scissors and who cares what the pattern says!  Same with all those herbs.  Once you get the hang of it, anything goes!


If nothing else, anyone who is hesitating making one of McKenna Ryan's quilts should be encouraged by the way they go together so quickly...  And this was even without pre-cut pieces!  I am happy to say that with a good pair of embroidery scissors the pieces were even fun to cut out!

Not much left of spring vacation...  I wonder if I'll find time to quilt this...

No comments: