Friday, January 18, 2013

Machine quilting... Hand quilting...

Thursday patchwork day was great fun.  We met for the first time this year and lots of winter holiday tales to tell.


 As promised, Mrs. Ochiai photographed my Fiery Starr quilt for me, with ME in the picture. 


And the ladies raved and complimented me on my machine quilting.

But you know... 


Mrs. Furui pulled out a simple quilt she has been making for the past four years (all pieced by hand).  Such a simple pattern... Nine Patch.  But as usual, Mrs. Furui is going to do fantastic things with her hand quilting!  It makes me sigh...

"Yes!  Hand-quilting is really the ultimate art form!"


And hand-quilting really makes the quilt!  I would have put in a motif in the open white squares and maybe some vines in the rectangles but Mrs. Furui has a very intricate pattern going.  Such beauty.  The only drawback that I can see is that this will probably take her another 4 years to complete...

No comments: