Saturday, December 03, 2011

Ouch

Thursday I had to go for an endoscopy (stomach camera) checkup. The last one I had was 7 years ago and this time when I made an appointment the doctor said that technology had improved and the camera could be inserted through the nostril these days.

"Much easier on the patient."

I didn't know what to expect. The nurse did her prep stuff. OW!!! This is painful!

"Hmm. Let's try the other nostril. Feels the same? Okay let's go with the right side again."

I had tears on my cheek by the time she finished.

A few minutes later the nurse was back by my cot apologizing.

"I'm so sorry. I forgot to give you anesthetic. Let's do that all again."

I would rather have not but we did and it was a little easier but not much.

With the doctor the exam went smoothly and I saw my pretty pink insides. Looks good to me!

But I needed a nap in the afternoon. I sure hope I won't have to do that again for another 7 years. And next time I'll know the routine and make sure I get some extra anesthetic! OW~~!!!

No comments: