Saturday, December 31, 2011

Busy in 2011

December 29th was my mother's 90th birthday. Although I didn't get to be in the States for it, both Leiya and Takumi were able to celebrate it with her. I haven't heard the details yet but I think the two of them bought an arrangement of flowers from our family. (There's not a lot that Mother needs or wants these days.)

Happy Birthday Mother!

So we are at the end of the year. Tetsu and I did end of the year cleaning for most of the day yesterday and finished writing New Year's cards. (We're way late on that job). Today I'm making cookies and lining up some hand sewing for the holidays.

At the beginning of the year I got into the habit of saving the spools from the thread that I was using. Some of these were half used anyway but saving them gives me an idea of how much sewing I got done this year. That's a pretty good record of the work going on in my sewing room. (And this doesn't include the pre-wound bobbins that Mary sent me in June!)

And the results of all that sewing was this:


All sizes of quilts. Two bags. And I've included the bazaar quilt and Mrs. Furui's birthday quilt that I worked on with friends. I guess I've kept busy this year. I hope my fingers will be as productive in 2012!

No comments: