Thursday, November 10, 2011

Blocked

I seem to have reached a road block on sewing. I'm not getting anything done. Now that COULD be because I don't know what I should be doing, so I thought I should jot down my end of the year sewing "To Do" list here.

  • Finish Tetsu's vest (this is not sewing but part of my handwork projects and right now takes priority over all else).






  • Get the Bargello quilted. I absolutely know that the Bargello has been the major source of my sewing block. I just don't know what to do and there it stays, up on my wall. I don't want to do overall quilting. I don't want to do stitch-in-the-ditch. I want to do feathers but have no idea of how to start with a "blank" canvas. If I could just find some direction I might get motivated again. I've spent hours and hours looking through the Internet and old magazines. The ideas I like are way beyond my ability or have been done by long-arming.
  • Finish a few stars for our swap game. I've been lax in that department. By the way, the last person cut out the fabric to sew together into stars and I offered to piece them for her. Hum... Someone needs to be reminded that we're aiming for a 1/4 inch seam allowance! I'm left with about 1/8th of an inch!
  • Hand quilt the Bunny Hill applique quilt. Remember that one? It is still folded on the shelf!








  • Decide on a layout for MY stars in the swap game. Being not very creatively minded (especially this month) I just stare at these blocks too.

  • Put the Alabama Beauty quilt together. Oh my goodness, those poor blocks have been lost in the sewing room for months!!!
I'm sure there are more things struggling to get out of their boxes but off the top of my head those are the 6 I'm determined to finish. Obviously not all this year though... Too bad.

Today I'm going upstairs and start quilting the Bargello!!! I'm tired of waiting for some muse to whisper in my ear. Just Do Something!!!

No comments: