Sunday, March 06, 2011

March Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous post today...

Y-kun returned to my English class on Thursday night. His grandmother just dropped him off so I didn't have a chance to talk with her. Nothing from Y-kun either about his being away. English class went as it normally does which means in mild chaos. It is amazing to me that while Y-kun was gone I would morosely contemplate his fate and wonder how I could make his life easier...

"Ah, if only Y-kun were here I would give him lots of love and be patient with him and try to show him what a normal life is..."

But the minute he is back in my house, with all the screaming and teasing and chasing cats and fighting and accusations and arguing I just think "let me get through this hour. I can hardly wait til he goes home." I don't know what his home life is like right now... whether his mother is around or not.

I'm still embroidering faces on cats. There is an ugly cat or two. I guess there is always an ugly cat in the crowd. That's what makes them interesting. Still 12 to go...sigh.

I counted up my WIP.

  • Applique BOM blocks that need to be put together somehow. I am ignoring them.
  • The Tessalating Cats embroidery.
  • Drunkard's Path that needs to be quilted.
  • A secret quilt.
  • The Alphabet Soup quilt which needs machine sewing.
  • 2 Happy Village quilts that my friends have made that need to be machine quilted too.
  • And a Log Cabin block that I crossed off the list last night. This is for the block swap game and officially I filled my quota of log cabin blocks a few months ago. But Mrs. Furui had a suggestion about sprinkling stars in the quilt by adding an odd corner so of course I had to try one more block.
I've got my work cut out for me and labled "UPSTAIRS" for machine work and "DOWNSTAIRS" for work in front of the TV.

No comments: