Saturday, August 21, 2010

Landscape quilt

I spent some time in my sewing room yesterday. Straightened up a bit, dusted the sewing machine and cleaned out its inner workings. Then I sat down and sewed!!!!

A few years ago I came into possession of Karen Eckmeier's book Happy Villages. I don't know HOW many times I've pulled out that book and made villages with her designs and I've used it a lot with children and adults. I've been wanting to try Ms. Eckmeier's landscape quilts and I ordered this from Amazon while I was in the States.

Yesterday I pulled out some leftover fabric (I'm not cutting into my batiks yet. Can't experiment with those!) and tried the first project in the book. I really followed page by page so none of this is very original.

Chose fabrics and cut into manageable sizes.











Using a roller cutter cut gentle curves. Iron one side down.








Decide on a layout and pin.












Top stitch in place.












The picture.









Add borders. Add freehand quilting.







Bind. My first landscape quilt. I'm ready to start on the second project!

No comments: