Sunday, June 13, 2010

Quilting, hand or machine?

I am quilting.

Both hand and machine! The hand quilting on the Feathered Star has finally moved from the center onto the border. I thought I'd never get here! And since the border is so white I decided to change from white thread and bring a little color to the border. (Well, not color, more definition?)

I think I'm in the last days of quilting this because as soon as it gets hot this quilt is going back in the cupboard. How much can I get done before summer arrives in Japan? At least the end is in sight. Maybe I will get this finished this year.

And for machine quilting I put the first quarter of the Patches and Pinwheels quilt under the needle. What to do, what to do? I'm still too chicken to try an overall pattern... I get lost too easily in big spaces. I guess you could say that these are petals in the triangles and the gradation thread makes a pretty addition. Size wise, breaking the quilt into quarters was a good idea. So far this is very manageable in the machine.

I hope I don't get waylaid before I get to the other three sections.


No comments: