Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Scrappy

A quicky post. I'm off to the kindergarten graduation today (complete with caps and gowns!)

Kaoru-san and I finished the Boxy Stars quilt for our friend who will be going away to high school. I put on the borders (scrappy.... not enough of any fabric for matching borders) and the backing (scrappy and I am so pleased! A big panel of the Footprints poem!) and binding (scrappy... I had originally cut too many 2 1/2 inch strips) and got the quilt ready for Kaoru-san to sew the binding down.

Though sewing down binding isn't the most exciting of jobs, Kaoru-san said she got it done in a few hours and ENJOYED doing the handwork and reminiscing about the young girl whom we've both known since kindergarten.

This weekend I'll put in some ties and ask the church members to pray and tie the quilt on Sunday.

No comments: