Sunday, June 07, 2009

Last minute things


Doing last minute things around here. Tetsu holds down the fort pretty well whenever I'm gone so I don't have to do extra cleaning or shopping or cooking. I think he is going to live on noodles and take out stuff while he goes back to single life. He's great at cleaning but not so hot in the cooking department. I have a feeling I'm going to come back to high levels of frustration for the cats and Choco. They certainly won't get the attention I give them.

I haven't shown any hand craft pictures in a couple of days have I? I finished the applique on my Great Aussie quilt. If I were going to be around I'd put a border on this and sandwich it for machine quilting but this is going on the shelf.

I quilted for two weeks on the bazaar quilt. Forgot to take any pictures of that and yesterday passed it on to Mrs. Furui.

Finished the embroidery on the Round Robin. I don't think the recipient visits my blog so this is what I did. It was kind of fun. I found the pattern at this link and if I ever do embroidery I'd like to visit here again.

I have been considering taking my feathered star quilt to the States to quilt there... but it is so big. And I never have enough space in my luggage on my way back to Japan anyway. Why would I want to add a quilt to the luggage? But if I'm going to have a lot of sitting around time... And hot! Do I want to be quilting in California heat? No, I guess I do not. I'll have to find something else to keep me busy.

Today's afternoon includes packing, visiting Tetsu's mom and doing a little shopping. Then off bright and early tomorrow morning.

Next post from the States!

11 comments:

Mimi said...

Have a safe trip, Tanya.

Hugs

Allie said...

That koala is so cute! No, don't take the feathered star - it's too big. Maybe a stitchery or something small. The cats and Choco will be ok, they'll miss you but forget quickly when you're back.
Your stitching is lovely. Something like that would be good to take. Safe travels, Tanya!

dianne said...

you could start Tetsu's christmas sweater - knitting doesn't take up too much room and you will want to keep your hands busy, right?

have a safe journey...

anne bebbington said...

Bon voyage Tanya

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya^^
I hope your mother will be good..

Itterasshai←いってらっしゃい

Shiori

Caron said...

Saying a prayer for your safe trip and for your mom.

Shasta said...

I hope you have a safe and uneventful journey.

Diana said...

Have a safe trip and I'll be thinking about you and your mom...(also thank you for the wonderful redwork free pattern)

Diane said...

Hi Tanya,

I recently read an ECHOES article (http://www.echoes.org.uk/magazine.php?id=336). Thru it I have sensed a call to Japan and started doing a little bit of research on what it takes to go share Jesus in Japan (I live in the States). I have no knowledge of Japanese culture or language and no experience teaching so my findings were a bit overwhelming and slightly discouraging.

I was wondering if you would be willing to offer advice on where to start (linguistic training?) or suggest a good mission program that I could get in contact with.

P.S. Your quilts are lovely!

Thanks and God Bless!

Diane Weaver
dijweaver@yahoo.com

Timi said...

Have a nice journey, Tanya!
Hand quilting on this long journey is not a bad idea after all....:o))

Rae Ann said...

Tanya:

Wish I could take a few days and fly to So. CA to meet you. Perhaps on next years trip. I look forward to hearing from you once you arrive here in Sunny Hot California. Please email me, perhaps we can talk by phone.
Rae Ann