Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Joyful Choco

I have a full day today so I'm just posting one picture from the weekend.

I have no idea why but I really like to take Choco with me places. She is slightly dirty (this week more than slightly), she is shedding furiously, she is fidgety in the car, I can't trust her around people, and she doesn't listen to me. So why take this dog ANYWHERE? I don't know. But on Sunday after church Tetsu says,

"Do you want to take Choco with us shopping?"

He knows the answer is yes and I know there is only one place we can take Choco shopping. The store allows dogs and they provide pet carts (but most of the dogs that visit are lap dogs.) Anyway, off we go to the next town over, both of us threatening Choco as she pulls from side to side in the car and tries to climb in my lap.

"Stay in the back you dumb dog!"

We visit a mega store called JOYFUL HONDA. I don't know where they get the name. It has nothing to do with Honda cars but Honda is a popular name in Japan. And although it is a nice store, I'm not sure it rates the title of JOYFUL. Maybe for Choco? She gets to ride around in a cart and look at things (and scare people when she thrusts her nose at them in the aisles) and I always buy her some dog snacks.

Tetsu and I didn't buy much but we enjoyed our outing with our dog.

13 comments:

Callie said...

Oh! That is so cool! I wish I could take my dog shopping with me here in the states. What a wonderful thing to be able to do. Choco looks like she is having a good time. Lots of new smells and things to see. And people to scare? Bet she gets a kick out of that. And doggie snacks too. Wow!

Allie said...

Look how happy she looks - that's why you do it, lol!!!!!

Mimi said...

Thanks for making me smile! I like the idea of being able to take your dog shopping.

Our dog, Gracie, goes with us EVERYWHERE when the weather is not too hot. She waits in the car for us and always gets a treat for being such a good girl.

Choco is one LUCKY dog to have such wonderful folks in her life.

Hugs

Rae Ann said...

Wow, how cool is that? A store that allows your pet children in. Only store in the US I know of is PetsMart and Petco, both stores cater to our loving pets. Only other dogs that can go into stores are working dogs, for the blind etc. Rae Ann

Marj said...

I have been enjoying your stories lately. The dog stories make me laugh. I am not as close to our dog, but I am more of a cat person. Ours is fun to take places because he is good in the car and is good with strangers. He also is big, about 65 lbs.

Amanda said...

I love the idea of putting a dog in the shopping trolley! If only Choco was smart enough to realise that she would get so many more outings if she could just learn to be a bit more sociable.

Françoise said...

Great picture!
I'm sure my dog would love this.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This is great! Doggy carts, I love it!! If Hannes saw this post he would want to move to Japan, I need to make sure he doesn't get to my computer today... ;)

Clare said...

You should take her out more often, then perhaps she'd get the hint!

Great photo of the two of you.

scottishlass said...

The onl stores that allow dogs are the pet stores where you can get anything and everything for your cats and dogs.

I think Choco would be much more well behaved if she spend more time with you and by doing so learning how to be sociable and also learning commands. Choco's breed is one of the so-called working dogs, it's a hunter and those are intelligent beings. They need the challenge to learn and discover new things otherwise they develop into barkers and troublemakers.

The Calico Quilter said...

So funny, Choco has this look of contentment on her face. scottishlass has it exactly right. The more Choco is out among people, the more challenges for her brain you give her, the happier and better behaved she will be. I see people who don't trust their dogs, who never take them out around other people and other dogs, and the result is a dog which is hyperactive and overstimulated when it is taken anywhere. Maybe of other people and outside trips become "no big deal", Choco will improve. FYI, we can buy seat belts for dogs here - it's a harness than attached to the seat belt latch. It's good to restrain them in the car, for their own safety (and your sanity!).

Elaine Adair said...

Choco looks lovely and very happy. BTW, that's a pretty picture of YOU also! 8-))

Anonymous said...

タニさん、髪長い!!かっわぃい~~