Friday, November 21, 2008

Nothing new...

I got 13 out of 15 of the items on my list done yesterday. (I put easy things on that list like "make dinner" and "teach". I HAVE to do those but crossing them off the list made me feel good.)

I've got Vel on my lap. I've decided that whenever possible I will give Vel lap time with me when I'm on the computer. That means that we are shut up in the Japanese room together but at least he doesn't have to worry about being ambushed by one of the other cats. Can you tell that he is somwhat depressed? It doesn't look like it is affecting his appetite.

A free day for me today but I've already wasted an hour of it playing around with Blurb. I'm trying to get my 2007 blog posts into book form again but I wrote so much that there were over 400 pages. Editing that... I don't know if I'll ever get that done but it does seem important to me to have a book in my hand in case the computer and Internet ever loses everything. I was happy with the results from the little 2006 blog book I made so it is a matter of editing the 2007 blog posts. Don't even think about 2008.

Yesterday I made a small block for Mrs. Harada's mini Round Robin (but I can't post that because it wouldn't be a surprise.) and while up in the sewing room I realized that this year I didn't post goals on my blog which made for very little progress on the quilting front. I don't know if I was just busier in the second half of the year or what, but I didn't get very much quilting done and there are various projects hidden away in drawers and boxes. I almost forget sometimes that I am a quilter and that doesn't seem right...

More knitting today (one of the things on my list) and I need to get to the Noah's Ark embroidery.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

It sounds as if you had a busy day. Putting things like 'make dinner' on a list isn't so daft - I'd willingly forget to make dinner if I could! Poor Velvet, he does seem to be having a hard time with the new kittens, and even the older cats seem to have ganged up on him a bit. I've fallen behind on the Noah's Ark blocks too because of lots of christmassy things.

June said...

I'm sorry that Velvet is feeling poorly. I'll say a prayer for him, too. Isn't it a shame that these beloved friends can't tell us what is wrong? Hope you have a blessed weekend.

Shasta said...

I wound up with more than 400 pages too - of course I didn't think to break it down in years. There is a lot of blank space though - for when your post goes into another page, so it shouldn't be too hard to condense without losing any words. I wish they did have something that did this automatically though.

chi-mi san said...

I'm so surprized that you've been continuing to make and check your list. How many years doing this? Tanya, you never stop if you start something. That's good.
I want to see the 2006 blog book next time. It sounds GREAT!!

Christine Thresh said...

I went to the site and watched part of the video about making a blog book. They said they no longer support Blogger. So, I guess it won't work for me.