Sunday, February 17, 2008

In the mailbox

Look what arrived in my mailbox yesterday! Talk about being excited! Roberta from Italy (she spends some time in the States) asked me for my address so that she could send me "a little something". This is not a little something!


In the box were some absolutely stunning batik fabrics in my absolutely favorite colorscheme! How did she know? I think Roberta visits my blog occasionally (though she rarely makes comments) and so she must have realized how much I like batiks and autumn colors. So thoughtful of her!


And there was also a wonderful quilting arts magazine that is going to make for great winter reading this week! All the ideas for embellishing quilts and making works of art!


Best of all was a truly inspiring book called Happy Villages and I stood in the kitchen and read it from cover to cover and could barely keep myself from going upstairs and hauling out fabrics so that I can make my own Happy Village! What a fun book! Now I want to start another project! How can I keep up with all the things I need to make, want to make, call to me and beg to be started?! I'm sure all you quilters are in the same dilemma but sometimes I just want to go off to a mountain cabin for 6 months with my fabric and sewing machine and wallow in creating!


Thank you Roberta for your lovely, lovely gift and for making my brain buzz with ideas!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I also have that book - Happy Villages and have every intention of making one (some day!).

What a nice gift.

Shelina said...

Wow, that certainly is an awesome set of gifts. I love everything in it as well.

meggie said...

Lovely gifts!
Enjoy!

Elaine Adair said...

You are a very brave woman, consuming that shimu... shimi.... fish head stuff! Arghhhh !