Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to Tetsu's mom!

Why is it just a couple of days of being out of commission makes me feel like Rip Van Winkle? Worse than that, why is it the whole month seems to have gone by when I didn't notice. Yesterday I was thinking that it had been a couple of days since I'd written an entry for the 365 Challenge quilt, and I was out for a couple days, and it's been a couple of days since I bounced back so maybe I'd better get caught up three or four days. MORE LIKE TWO WEEKS!! What happened?! Now my fuzzy head is trying to remember what I did in the early part of December! If I don't get caught up today you know what happens to the 365 Quilt! It becomes a 6 month quilt! Suddenly this has become a major priority!

In the meantime, today is Tetsu's mother's birthday (84?) but she isn't feeling well and didn't want to go out. Tetsu went off with the tea I'd bought her and also some special soy sauce she'd requested before AND a bag I worked on all day yesterday for her. I finished it up around 9:00 last night. I had machine pieced the front pocket (made up of leaders/enders) before I got laid up last Wednesday so it wasn't that big a project. The debate in my mind was whether I was going to go upstairs to the cold sewing room and quickly machine quilt this or stay in the warmth of the living room and do it by hand. Hand won out though I mostly freehand quilted the back.

I had wanted to make her a hanten too and had already bought the fabric for that but I guess that's going to be a New Year's vacation project.

7 comments:

CONNIE W said...

I want to wish you and Tetsu a Merry Christmas, and your MIL a belated Happy Birthday. Continue to take care of yourself and keep warm and get rest so you get completely well.

QuiltingFitzy said...

The bag is wonderful! She'll love it.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Tanya!

Quilt Pixie said...

hope you're able to reconstruct the month for your journal quilt -- there's always the phrase "holiday preparations" :-)

Shelina said...

I hope you have fully recovered. That is a great bag, and I'm sure she will love it. Hopefully you will find enough things in your blog to complete your 365 quilt. I think instead of writing "can't remember what happened this day" I would write "top secret activities". They're secret even to me!

Quilting Journey said...

That is truly a great bag! Tell her that many of your blogging friends are sending Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas wishes across the miles to her and to you and to Tetsu and all the members of your family. We are all blessed to have you in our online lives, Tanya..you add so much to our quilting blog world and give us so much interesting information! Happy Holidays!

keslyn said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family,
x Kerry

teodo said...

Happy Birthday to your MIL
and Christmas to you and your family.
ciao ciao